1. The term cell was given by _______
Answer: Robert Hooke
2. Nucleus was discovered by __________
Answer: Robert Brown
3. A prokaryotic cell does not have ___________
Answer: Nuclear membrane and nucleolus
4. A prokaryotic cell is characterized by ___________
Answer: Absence of nuclear membrane and nucleolus
5. No living cell can survive for a longer period with out ________
6. The most appropriate distinction of a prokaryote from a eukaryote is __________
Answer: Lack of nuclear envelope around DNA and absence of membrane bound organelles
7. No living cell is known to be without __________
Answer: A well-defined nucleus.
8. The organelles in eukaryotes are _____________
Answer: Membrane bound organelles.
9. Define a prokaryotic cell?
A cell which do not have a true nucleus and all membrane bound organelles are called prokaryotes.
10. Whatare eukaryotes?
Answer: Those organisms which have a true nucleus and membrane bound organelles are called a
11. Is bacteria a eukaryotic cell or a prokaryotic cell?
12. Give examples for eukaryotic cells?
Answers: animal cell, plant cells, fungi, protists etc.
13.A eukaryotic DNA is _____________ in shape
14. A prokaryotic DNA is ___________-in shape
15. The size of a eukaryotic cell is ____________- than a prokaryotic cell.
16. Is prokaryotic cell simple or complex?
17. Is eukaryotic cell simple or complex?
18. What is the word meaning of eukaryote?
Answer: Possessing a true nucleus.
19. What is the word meaning of prokaryote?
Answer: Before a nucleus.